We want you to know that the health and safety of children, families and our staff is top priority during the COVID-19 pandemic.
A message from our Executive Director, Christine Schollenberg:
I hope everyone is healthy and staying safe. In our world of uncertainty I have become increasingly aware that we are heading into uncharted waters. Keeping on top of everything has been very challenging, to say the least. My new motto is, as they say, “don’t sweat the small stuff!
With the spread of COVID-19 increasing in our great city the message from health officials is to stay home, practise social distancing and wash our hands. With this message comes increased cancelation of events for most charities. This is our lifeline! Where do we begin to navigate these waters, how do we continue to raise funds and support all the amazing equipment we purchase for our clients, or provide LIFE programs that are the socialization aspect of our clients. We are working extra hard to make this work. This creative team is thinking outside the box on how we continue to fundraise and make it happen. Through live broadcasts, Rehabilitation Centre for Children LIFE Program staff have started virtual yoga, cooking classes and music therapy. The goal is to make as many programs as possible available online. When you need to think outside the box, you become creative and you just do it.
I would be remiss if I did not mention that we still need your help! Please take a moment to follow us on social media, and share with your friends. Help us help children and youth who live with disabilities. Many families need your support more than ever.
Words of gratitude for all of you sharing our stories and still in this with us. We know this is a difficult time for everyone and we thank you. As I say to my colleagues a few times a week “we will come out stronger having learnt new ways to communicate.”
Please be safe, and sing a favorite song while you wash your hands!
Fundraising Events – Cancellations and Postponements
- Cruisin’ Down the Crescent is going virtual! We are very excited to bring the experience of Cruisin’ Down the Crescent online. Visit www.cruisindownthecrescent.ca for more details.
- Bikes from Bikers on June 13th is cancelled. Donations are still accepted & will go towards the purchase of specialized bikes.
- Rotary Club Winnipeg West Chicken Fest originally on May 12th, 2020 is postponed to Fall 2020.
- MRSA Rodarama Car Show originally May 1st-3rd is cancelled for 2020. It will be April 30th, May 1st, & 2nd, 2021 at Red River Exhibition Park.
- Canadian Tire Regent Starkids golf tournament on Thursday, July 9th has been cancelled.
The CRF team is currently working offsite. All our employees are reachable through email. For any general inquiries you can phone 204.258.6700.
- For RCC clients—as services continue at SSCY Centre, all visitors entering the building will be screened. A triaging process has been put into place in each clinical area to determine whether clients need to be seen in person, could be seen through a virtual visit, or whether appointments could be deferred to a later date without negative impacts. For more information visit their website or call 204.452.4311.
We are continuing to move forward with our mission to support children living with disabilities. Any support, big or small, will always be valuable to children living with disabilities. If you would like to donate, please do so online or phone 204.258.6700.