Research... Today's Practice and Tomorrow's Hope.
The Children's Rehabilitation Foundation is dedicated to improving the lives of children with disabilities and their families through research.
A Research Coordinator position at RCC is funded by donations to the Foundation. The Research Coordinator collaborates with RCC staff and local and national researchers in the field of childhood disability to develop research opportunities and conduct research. Research projects conducted at RCC focus on increasing participation, improving care, enhancing quality of life and evaluating barriers restricting inclusion of children with disabilities. Participants in these projects are children, parents and families who receive services through RCC.
Current research projects involving the Foundation include:
- Assessing the use of Foundation funded iPads as communication tools for children at RCC
- Evaluating if children are wearing their orthotic braces as prescribed, and reasons for not wearing them
Future research projects involving the Foundation include:
- Quality assessment of the Foundation funded Bike Clinic at RCC
- Determining the effectiveness of using standing frames with children with Cerebral Palsy
- Assessing child and parent satisfaction with equipment funded by the Foundation (such as bikes and sledges)
For more information about research projects at RCC, visit the RCC Research page or contact the Research Coordinator (email@example.com).